Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fun at Home

I have had a hiatus from blogging, and am glad to be up and about again. I have been sick the last week, and thought I was better over the weekend, but was back at square one sunday night. Note to reader: 102 deg. fevers and chills are NOT fun, and I am still sore 2 days afer the fact! But with the right antibiotic and some motrin, I am up and about. I think Scott is glad to have some help around the house again, and Nathan glad to have mom able to play again, not just laying on the couch. It feels good to be able to have energy to get up and play and make meals again.
And Daniel made a BIG milestone-- I feed him around 10 or 11pm, he sleeps TIL 3 am and SLEEPS again til 6 or 7 am!! This is big for us and coming at a great time. He is so fun to have around. I am excited for him to be learning and seeing so much in the world around him. He likes to lay under his leapstart and kick his legs and talk. Video coming soon!
Here are some pictures from the month of September:
I was very proud of my flower arranging skills; the sunflowers and cool grass were along the trail by our condos, so I picked a few. And the cool vase is one Katie made- I love it!!
I should have done a before and after picture of the dresser that mom and I (mostly mom) refinished. At least now I feel like I could refinish something if I wanted! It used to be really light colored with gold on the handles. Now its a little darked and we spray painted the handles black! I love how it turned out. I am excited to have it in our bedroom.

And my favorite pictures of my boys with their Oma! They got some matching pj's. We couldn't find matching shirts in a 3month and 3T size! I love Nathan's big smiles, and Daniel is looking at the camera!
Isn't it great for Daniel to have a big brother? He does look a little worried here, but it is good for Nathan to learn how to hold him.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Glad you're feeling better and Daniels sleeping more for everyone.
The dresser looks great!! Hope your fall is going well and everyone enjoys the cooler weather.

Gimsbacher Runners said...

what beautiful boys,I'm glad youare feeling better and can enjoy them.
I'm glad you like the dresser, now the window?

Katie Kennington said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO COME VISIT! I did not realize how soon it was coming until we got Scott's email. I am trying to make a list of things to do while you are here but maybe we should just cook all your meals for you and just let you relax and play around with kids all day...sound fun? I love the pictures of your little men. See you in a week!