Monday, August 24, 2009

new nickname

Yesterday we came up with a nickname for Daniel. It is kind of long, but very descriptive of what he is up to lately as a busy 13-month old-
"Sticky, clicky, climbin' Ricky"

Daniel of course likes to feed himself- hence he is sticky. He is always making some noise with his mouth, either a clicking sound, or a car sound. And, last but not least, he is climbing everything! And his middle name is Richard. So we are constantly pulling chairs away from the tables, pulling him down from the couch and toilets, everywhere! We are considering some gates big enough to block him out from the kitchen. I just don't know what Nathan would think of gates, he's not big enough to get over I don't think. Nathan has officially entered the inquisitive stage. He wants to know "why" and "how" about everything. Today we were drawing pictures of brains for him. And talking about why we have to keep going to the bathroom over and over. Sometimes it is so overwhelming trying to answer all his questions. We did check out the non-fiction kids section of the library last week, so that is good. I just want to find of a book of answers to all the random questions he asks, any suggestions?? I guess I better study up.

So we are busy....

Quote from Nathan:
"When you take stickers off your shirt, they roll up like taquitos."

We are heading in to the final weeks of our marathon prep, its in 1 month! We are planning on a long run this weekend, 20 miles, and then tapering off. I am excited for it, a little nervous though. 26 miles is a LONG run. At least we are not going for any time records. 5+ hours sounds good to me!

2 comments:

Gimsbacher Runners said...

Love the new nickname, sounds like you are keeping busy, busy, busy , Have fun keeping up with that guy!

Brooke said...

I love the nickname.
I always tell my kids I don't know maybe dad knows when they ask me too many questions, but now they think I don't know much about anything. oh well. :)