Thursday, February 5, 2009

January

I don't know why this one is turned funny, but this was Nathan's first day of sunbeams. He is getting so grown up!

I know I am a bit slow, and really don't have much of an excuse! We are having fun with Nathan and Daniel. I amhaving fun being a "momma" as Nathan calls me for my 2 boys! They are my symphony, today while on the phone, Nathan was making some weird noises and Daniel was cooing and crying. Nathan is constantly emitting noises from his mouth, and fits this definition of boy VERY well:


Boy: A noise with dirt on it.

I feel like I am constantly asking him to quiet down or stop moving or hitting! Mostly it is the hitting and pulling of Daniel that I worry about. Daniel is going to be a tough little guy, he is learning early how to deal with a big brother. He is so patient right now and doesn't mind too much when Nathan takes toys away, as long as he gets something else to chew on!

Daniel is very interested in this whole food idea: he likes to try and grab food off our plates if we are holding him while we are eating. He is not a fan a baby food yet, but will eat yoghurt on a BIG spoon, not a baby spoon. He also likes anything he can pick up and get to his mouth, which isnt' a whole lot yet due to his tiny fingers and limited dexterity. He certainly tries though!

As far as moving around, he has perfected the belly 360, and goes backward great. No forward movement yet though. We decided that Daniel is a cute poster boy for WCF. So, be careful out there!


At his 6 month checkup, he weighed 20 lbs 5 oz, and was 28 inches long. Both in the 95th percentile!


We were able to go to Delta for a few days this month, and we had a great time! Scott did some audits around town, and we spent time with the Jefferys and the Jacksons. Nathan loved going to "Great-Grandpa's Farm" and seeing all the cows and tractors. Then, he loved riding the 4-wheeler with Great-Grandpa Jeffery. He thinks Delta is a great place. I am glad that we were able to go!
This is how Daniel likes to spend his time, sitting up and SURROUNDED by toys!

We were able to go to the Draper Temple open house a few weeks ago. It is a beautiful place. Nathan and Daniel behaved so well. Nathan really liked the baptismal font, he was ready to go swimming in his suit and pink bowtie! At the end of the tour, we sat in one of the sealing rooms and it was so amazing to see our little family there together. I hope I can do my part to see them there again someday.

3 comments:

Katie Kennington said...

I love the pics of the boys. Especially the first one, that Daniel has a killer cute smile! I miss you tons. It was great to talk to you today. I am working on Casey to see when I can come down to visit you. love you tons and tons. Hugs to the boys!

Gimsbacher Runners said...

What cute boys! You are in for a lot of action being the mom of boys- alot of noise with dirt!How fun. Love you

Brooke said...

We agree with the definition of boy. Daniel is LARGE!!