Sunday, February 3, 2008

Nephites in New York

For Family night this week, Scott put together a lesson on the scriptures - specifically the Book of Mormon. After looking at some pictures of paintings of different scenes in the Book of Mormon, Scott and Nathan got together, clad with ties for headbands and wooden train tracks for swords, while trying to obtain the yellow construction paper "gold plates."
Nathan really enjoyed getting to act out the scriptures and it seems to have stuck with him ... at least for a week. He had fun being Nephi and saying, "I will go!" Also, enjoyed 'getting' daddy, who was playing the part of Laban ('getting' involved hitting daddy in the side with the wooden sword, we didn't think it necessary go any further) and then putting on his sweater and going to get the plates.

It was a family night where there were Nephites in New York!

PICTURES BELOW (Nathan enjoying chocolate ice cream; Nathan and Dad):


3 comments:

Gimsbacher Runners said...

Love the Nephties in New York, I think we'll try it next week and let Anne and Erik fight it out. Such cute pictures, thanks for keeping us up dated! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baby! And I love the new blog look. Shoot me an email and we'll discuss this week. Hope you're feeling well. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Cute idea for FHE! I'll have to use that. Awesome pics, hee hee! Go Scotty!