Sunday, November 4, 2007

INTRAMURAL CHAMPIONS!

LDSSA TAKES HOME INTRAMURAL CHAMPIONSHIP
The Latter-day Saint Student Association (LDSSA) flag football took home the Cornell Intramural Championship last Thursday night. Our team dominated all season long and eventually took the championship 25-0 in front of an estimated 30 people under the lights at Cornell's Schoelkopf Stadium.
Our team's stingy defense only allowed 18 points all season long (just over 2 points allowed per game) leading to way to a 5-0 regular season and an undefeated march through the championship tournament with 3 straight victories. Ryan and Gary, while physically they may be the antithesis of the stereotypical defensive lineman, provided numerous sacks and hurries that took other team out of rhythm and gave opportunities for everyone else to get interceptions and defensive stops.
While the defense was tough, Josh Price, QB (check out the video at the end of the post), led the team offensively to multiple touchdown victories in nearly every game. He had plenty of weapons and was able to spread the wealth around and give everyone a chance to contribute. I think everyone was able to score points on offense during the year.
All in all it was a lot of fun and the LDSSA took home their 3rd Intramural Championship of the year (Basketball, Softball, and now Flag Football '07).

Video:
QB Josh Price avoids the rush and hits Adam Treadwell, who then heads upfield.

5 comments:

Ginna said...

Woo hoo!! Congratulations!

Chelsea said...

Congrats! I'm glad you guys now have a blog...I'll be checking in regularly. Don't forget to keep tabs on us at www.rowanfamilyblog.blogspot.com! Can't wait to see what else you are up to!

Elisa said...

Yay for blogs! I can't believe how big Nathan is, and how well he's talking (I love your quotes on the side by the way, we have something like that too). Be sure to check us out as well, http://mrscottsmithfamily.blogspot.com

Gimsbacher Runners said...

That is very cool,( I don't know how you handled all the crowds!!)This is a great way to keep up with everything you are doing. See you all soon.

Kathy said...

Way to go Scott. At first I didn't know if you were on the team or not but Becky said you were so now I am even more impressed. That is really great. And a lot of fun it looks like. I love seeing your family pictures and seeing how much Nathan has grown. He is so cute. We are excited to see you all at Christmas.Thanks for sharing Becky with us for a few days.