Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Mommy had Surgery"


So this last Wednesday I came home from work, changed my clothes and we went to the Surgicare in Ithaca to meet up w/ my podiatrist. I had some plantars warts on my feet that were very resilient and were not responding to the office treatments. So I decided to just take the plunge and have them use a lasar treatment to remove them. It was strange to be the patient in the bed and have the nurse starting an IV on me. She was very good considering my little veins. I have to say that the medicine they gave me to sedate gives you such an odd feeling--and I am glad that I don't remember any of the procedure!I just woke up w/ numb feet and big bandages on them!

I knew that it was going to be a painful and long recovery process, but now after the fact I am really coming to the realization how true that is going to be!! Thankful I have some time off from work and a very supportive little boy that knows how to help mommy put her shoes on, and a husband that is taking care of the house and me. I hobble around the house in my surgi-boot and one slipper. It makes me feel very lazy to be sitting around so much and not be tired or doing something useful! I just keep telling myself that I need to get my feet on the road to recovery before going back to work on Tuesday night. There is no slowing down I am afraid for the night shift nurse!

6 comments:

Casey Redd Kennington said...

There's nothing like a wart-free life. You're a new woman from now on. ;)

We'll be thinking about you and hope you can walk without the hobble come Tuesday night!

Unknown said...

That was from Casey.

X said...

hope you recover soon and your foot is better than ever! :)

Gimsbacher Runners said...

You will be all the more ready to run Vienna Marathon with me again......????
Dad Jackson

Kari said...

That doesn't sound very fun, hope the recovery is quick.!! Glad Scott is taking good care of you :)

Kathy said...

I can imagine it is not fun to be the patient. It is always easier to be the nurse I think. Good luck with your recovery. Try and catch up on your rest.